Tonight we are headed to watch Trevor test to become a green belt in Tae Kwon Do.
I am a terrible mother and have pretty much neglected to post about his previous two testings, so here is a picture of him testing to become a yellow belt black stripe:
A few months back they had a photographer come in to take pictures of the kids.
Trevor chose to do this pose:
I was reading someone else's blog today and was reminded of my poor middle child and just how hard it is to be stuck in the middle of stronger or more demanding personalities.
Not grown up and not a baby anymore, sometimes life is just tough for these guys.
Trevor is a sweet kid. He is (almost) always willing to help and to be a good friend.
Last year a kid on the bus punched him when he tried to give him a hug. While that brought up the obvious discussions of people's "personal space bubbles" and getting permission for physical contact, it also reminded me that deep down sometimes he really just needs to be cuddled.
So, while I will clap and cheer for him tonight when he is testing, I will pull him close and tell him how special he is to me when he's done.


2 comments:
So I love the idea of just having Trevor do Tae Kwon Do so he has his own special thing. I think I really need to find something like for Brinley because you're right, those sweet middle kids need some extra TLC.
That's horrible that a kid punched him on the bus! I would be furious! It's true that sometimes kids just need to be cuddled. I cuddle Cam up 24/7 because it comes so naturally with a baby but I know Teya and Brinley crave it too and it's a good reminder to make sure I give them their lovin's too! Great post, and Trevor looks awesome in his martial arts pose!
That is an awesome picture...both of them are! You need to post more of him...I love the look of sheer concentration and determination on his face. I can't believe our kids are getting so big...the twins are going to be baptized in just a few months. Where have our babies gone?
Post a Comment