Monday, August 22, 2011

Eight Months

In honor of Sophie's eight months of life, and the super cute dress that even Chad complimented her on, we did a little photo shoot yesterday after church.


The boys have caught on to the fact that she seriously loves her Dolly and they bring it to her whenever she gets upset.  We find her cuddling it in her crib and fingering it when she is putting herself to sleep.

She is still such a happy little thing, of course that will probably change if she ever starts teething.  

The boys all had almost a full set of teeth by now!  

I had to take her in to the doctor last week because she has a nasty cold that just won't go away and she weighed in at 15 lbs 5 oz.  

Some of her milestones this past month include:
 mastering pulling up and walking around furniture, waving, trying to clap (which is pretty much just rolling her hands at this point), getting stuck under chairs and the dining room table, eating pizza crusts and anything else she can get in her mouth and I am sure there are many more.










She usually takes about four bottles a day and at least two jars of baby food, with snacks thrown in here and there.  She really loves graham crackers and these apple straw thingies from Sam's Club that taste like apple pie. They are almost addicting for adults as well, and at 130 calories for 38 of them you almost can't go wrong! 

We are having so much fun with her (when she's not following me around yelling for attention) and getting to know her sunny little personality.  It is a little bittersweet to watch her start to grow into the toddler that she will soon be though. 

 Sometimes I just wish I could snuggle her at this stage again:


Awwww!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her little eyebrows, they're so cute! When I was little, I didn't really have any 'cuz they were blonde...

Can't believe she's 8 months old..!

Beccarigg said...

Um yeah, that dress definitely needed it's own photo shoot!! So so cute! That's really sweet how she loves her little dolly. Cam has a blanky like that that he pulls up to his cheek while he sucks his thumb before he falls asleep. Just precious : )

p.s. Those apple snacks sound awesome, I might have to look for them for Cam!

Jen said...

She is the cutest thing. So cute that she loves her dolly. She was so cute yesterday with her little tongue trying to lick everything.

Jenny said...

love love love the dress and flower clip! She is adorable!!