I don't know about you, but I am really not a fan of school fundraisers. There. I said it.
While I understand the need to raise funds for various things in a classroom that there is no room for in the regular school budget, I really hate the pressure that they put on my children to sell sell sell!
Case in point:
Last week Blake and Trevor both came home with some kind of fundraising flyer. I barely glanced at it when Blake waved it in front of me. Then came Trevor with his big green "Puss in Boots" eyes and I took a bit more time to actually see what he was holding two inches from my face. Before I had time to read it thoroughly he said, "Mom you don't even have to buy anything, you can just send in $15 and I will get a FREE water bottle!!" I never really did read the flyer, I was laughing too hard. He didn't get what was so funny to me, and luckily he is used to me just throwing that stuff away so he wasn't too offended when I tossed it in the trash.
Another day last week I was picking up Chad's dry cleaning and the girl at the drive thru window forgot to give me my credit card. As I was pulling away she came runing out of the building, waving my card. After we were on our way again I heard Kade's little voice from the back say, "Who that Mommy?" Not knowing really what to say I replied with, " Umm, that's the girl from the dry cleaners." His next comment was, "Oh that the girl? Oooh she cute!" We are going to have to lock that one up when he becomes a teenager...or maybe y'all should just lock up your daughters instead!

4 comments:
oh how cute is he!!!!
yup, I hear ya on the fundraisers! Tell Trevor I'll send a "free water bottle" just because =)
I'm not a fan of the fundraisers and I don't even have a kid in school yet! My mom always threw our stuff away too. I plan on doing the same :).
Kade is a babe.
Kade is such a stud! I would let him take Brinley out in a heartbeat! (Well, in about 14 more years that is... ; )
You know how I feel about fundraisers...and Kade :) I heart that little guy!
Post a Comment