She is still just as sweet as can be, although the past week or so she has been developing all the classic signs of reflux. She arches her back and cries a high pitched "I am in pain why don't you do something about it?" cry, projectile barfing, curdled milk barf, hiccups several times a day, etc. She wants to suck, but she usually refuses to take the pacifier. I am still holding out hope that she will figure out how to get her thumb in her mouth in a few days, she needs something to suck on other than poor ole Mama! I made her an appt to see the pediatrician on Weds. so hopefully she'll get some relief (and maybe I will too!).
| Chad is the best at waking her up so she'll get a full feeding...it usually involves stripping and tickling her until she is good and mad! |
Chad's mom was here for a few days and we enjoyed doing some fun girly shopping.
On Friday after we dragged poor Kade through a few stores we took pity on him and took him to the Discovery Ctr. to run off some energy. While we were there I had to nurse Sophie so I took her out of the stroller and into the little nursing room that they have there (which is super thoughtful Discovery people!). When I came out I almost felt like a celebrity because we were practically swarmed by other mothers who wanted to see her! While we were leaving that particular area two little girls ran after us and tried to see the baby in the stroller that my mother in law was pushing. When she told them that I had the baby they ran up to me and asked to see my baby. After oohing and ahhing over her they asked if they could touch her. When I told them I was worried about germs the older one said, "Well I just washed my hands!". I told her that was great and kept walking. As soon as I could clear the swarm of people I strapped her back in her safe and relatively germ free car seat.
We really haven't been going out much because I still have scary memories of Kade when he got RSV at four months old. Although I am feeling [mostly] good, I am planning on staying home from Church for at least another week. It always amazes me that people who are practically death bed sick drag themselves to church, and I really don't need Sophie getting sick at this point!


3 comments:
Girl, do not bring her to church yet! All the germs scare me...we actually just got an email at work stating how the flu is really going around.
When we were babies my mom's doc told her that when newborns get sick, there's a lot more work involoved to get them better-so better to avoid it if possible.
Good luck with the colic. That's miserable. Time's flying.
And she's beautiful!
I agree with Becky, don't bring her to church yet! I had Teya during RSV season I we didn't bring her to church for 5 weeks. Taber and I just rotated going to take the sacrament but we didn't want to risk bringing the baby, especially because like you said, EVERYONE wants to touch a new baby and it's hard to get them to back off.
She is so so beautiful. I love all her hair and that Kade likes to "pet" it. My girls love "petting" babies too. Hope the reflux gets better soon! That doesn't sound like any fun!
I agree. Stay home. Our November baby got RSV, and it was scary. He still struggles with asthma, and he is our only one with that. It makes me wonder if there was a connection.
She is so beautiful! I love that first picture. Hopefully you can find a solution for the colic. The chiropractor really helped Julianne with hers, which helped ME get some sleep!
Post a Comment