We are going to be joining the YMCA, but have to wait till the first of April because of the way TVA's reimbursements work. The girl at the Y that I talked to originally offered us a ten day family pass so that we could check out the facilities before we committed to a membership. I am thrilled that TVA will be paying for our membership because it is SO nice to be able to work out without Kade hanging on my leg, freezing while I am walking at the park or turning off my workout dvd...and oh yeah, FREE CHILDCARE! I was able to go several times this week and it was great to be able to drop each kid off with their respective age groups where they could play and meet other kids.
On two of the days we went for picnics. Once at the park at the Discovery Ctr. where we (my sister, Jennifer, and her five kids) then went on a little nature walk on the path around the wetlands. It was so cute to watch Kade and "his Syssa" (my niece, Alyssa) run from side to side of the path to see the ducks swimming under the little bridge we were standing on.
The second picnic we did was at Jennifer's kid's elementary school. They have a great playground that is fenced (which is great when you have flight-risk kids like we both do) and a little pavilion that is covered. It was so easy to watch all the kids running around and it was deserted, so we didn't have to worry about bothering other people with our hoodlums. We had my nephew Campbell along that day as well because my mom got stung by a wasp on her ankle and couldn't chase him around. It was her loss since he is so stinking cute to take to the park! He wandered around saying, "Yesh!" and "Whoa!" and just being cute with his redheaded little self.
3 comments:
Woohoo! So pumped that you got a pass at the Y! I had a pass there too and it really is so nice to leave the kids and work out sans children! You always make me jealous reading about how you get to hang out with your sisters!! Never forget what a blessing that is. What I would give to have a picnic at the park with my sister and her kids!
Oh my gosh, so cute and so fun. P.S. if I move to TN do you think you could get me into the Y for free? =p j/k. But that sounds so nice! I hope you enjoy every minute of it!
Oh man, I am jealous! Being able to work out with people hanging on your legs sounds divine! ; ) Enjoy!
Post a Comment