Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Holy Molars

I haven't posted any new Trevorisms lately, so I thought I'd share one that occurred yesterday afternoon.

We had just walked in the door from picking the boys up at school and Trevor came to me in the kitchen:

Trevor: "Mom, I figured out that it is the gum behind my tooth that hurts, not the tooth."

(I vaguely remember him complaining about a tooth hurting a few days ago and mentally added it to my list of appointments to schedule.)

Me: "Oh, ok. Well that must be one of your six year molars coming in."

Trevor: "Awww sweet! I never had a molar before, and now I get one since I am six!"

This was not quite the response I was expecting, so I had to laugh. I wish he'd pass on his enthusiasm for getting new teeth to his toddler cousins who are teething right now, I am sure their mothers would have a much easier time of it. Sometimes it is so refreshing to see the world through Trevor's eyes!

2 comments:

mjseavers said...

It cracks me up that he says, "I never had a molar before, and I get one since I am six!" Jane does that ALLL the time. We were in Cali for Christmas (she was 4 years old) and she would tell me that she hasn't been since she was 5 (birthday Dec 30th) So of course she needs to go now that she's 5. I'm sure I'll get the same thing. "Mom I've never had molars since I've been 6!" Cute story . . .I too hope Jane is just as excited as Trevor =)

lisapenn said...

Yeah, I wish I were as excited about my dental hygeine care as Trevor.