Monday, March 15, 2010

Gotta Love Him

Last night we were trying to get the kids to get ready for bed and Kade was wandering around in his cute little one piece jammies. I had the sudden urge for a little cuddle time and asked him if I could have a hug and kiss. 

Chad was walking into the room as Kade climbed into my lap with his lips all puckered up. He told Kade to make sure it was a nice wet kiss. "Go ahead and slobber," he said.

The next thing I knew Kade hauled his little hand back and slapped me across the face. In the split second it took as I watched his hand coming I thought to myself, "Well, I guess slobber does sound a lot like Slap Her."

Chad and I both laughed till we cried...maybe for slightly different reasons (for a little guy he can pack quite a punch), but even now it makes me smile.

Hard to punish something like that, must be nice to be so cute that people have a hard time being mad at you for any length of time!

6 comments:

mjseavers said...

HAhahaha! Holy crap I'm going to pee my pants (granted being prego that's not very difficult to do =)
That's hilarious. I'll be sure to be careful to NOT use the word 'slobber' in my house!

Jennifer and Clay said...

Funny...why am I not surprised, though?

Megan said...

Hehe. Not that you being in pain brings me joy or anything... but that sure made my day =p.

Beccarigg said...

Oh my gosh! I seriously can't stop laughing! (not joking, laughing so hard I can barely type!) Gotta love life with kids! (p.s. your blog background is super cute!)

lisapenn said...

Um remind me not to sit too close to him on the couch on Sunday! Ouch!!

Norma said...

ok I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard!