Monday, January 11, 2010

Snow Day

Last week we were stuck inside for several days while the temperatures plummeted and snow dusted the ground. Mumbo and Jumbo ended up with two days off school because of it, and when you combine those days with the "teacher inservice day" on Monday, they ended up being in school last week a total of two days.

I allowed them to go out and play in the one and a half inches of white stuff on Thursday afternoon...mostly because TVA sent Chad home two hours early so he wouldn't get stuck in idiots-who-can't-drive-in-the-snow-traffic so he could freeze his tail off out there with them while I stayed warm and toasty in the house with my headache.

This post would not be complete without a video that Chad took of the boys playing in the snow, I just love to watch Kade run! Trevor is not featured because he turned wimpy after about five minutes and came in to thaw out. I wonder what he'd do if forced to live where it REALLY snows? I sincerely hope I don't find out anytime soon! The other kid in the video is our neighbor from across the street.


By the end of the week I was practically nutty, not keen on driving the icy roads but needing to escape nevertheless. We met up with my sister and her kiddos at McD's and then headed over to the Discovery Ctr. where I finally bought a year membership so that it won't cost me $20 every time I need a place for the kids to roam free (within reason and eyesight). Best money I have ever spent!

1 comment:

Beccarigg said...

Love the snow video! Teya is a huge fan of the snow so I guess it's good that we live in snowy country!

Also have to agree that Discovery Center passes are THE BEST! I had one when we lived there and it seriously saved my life having a place to go when it was cold or we were just bored!