
To this:

Yes folks, I do realize it is still so far from fabulous that my eyes want to bleed just looking at it. I mean, who thought of gray laminate and who in their right mind would install it in a kitchen on purpose? Don't even get me started on the nastiness that is the cabinets! Those are going to get a much needed update very soon since I am now able to be around oil-based paint again.
The awesome part is that I have gained two whole feet of counter space (is that one or two words?) and in a kitchen as small as mine that is some MUCH needed space! I am a little OCD about not being able to cook on a counter that has dirty dishes or piles of bills, so that two feet is a big deal. I actually want to cook again, and Chad is happy because he got to be all macho with his tools and he made it possible for me to want to cook again. Oooh! The very best part is now we can make popcorn without burning half the bag and leaving the rest of the bag unpopped, and we do love our popcorn.
Altogether I deem it a very nice little silver lining.
3 comments:
Last week did suck in a very big way...but, your microwave does look very nice.
I have been out of the loop for a while, so I am not sure what is going on, but it sounds like a rough week. I am sorry. Talk to you on Sunday.
Yay for more counter space! We had that same problem in our last house, but we never took the time to hang the microwave. I wish we did! More counter space = happier kitchen : )
Hope you're recovering well after your tough week. You and your family have been in our prayers : )
Post a Comment