Monday, October 24, 2011

Random Bits of Goodness


So...Chad is out of town (and if you are a creepy blog stalker please don't take this opportunity to come and rob us, I am armed with a stick Harry Potter wand).
 I have finished three out of four Halloween costumes, and the pieces of my cupcake baker's hat are staring at me from my sewing machine across the table.  

What better choice do I have but to sit here with you folks and write a random blog?

I knew you would agree.
This is why the good Lord sent me sisters.
Thanks for breakfast Jennifer!

I take this as a sign that Chad needs to be released from the Bishopric soon, since I thought only pregnant women made the mistake of putting ice cream in the refrigerator (or milk in the pantry...but I wouldn't know anything about that).
My first thought when I saw this photo was "Oh good, my bald spot wasn't showing that day."
 My second thought was, "Sophie is so stinkin cute!"
 Just so you know where my priorities are.

Trevor testing to move up to a green-belt-black-stripe last week.
See how his tongue is sticking out?
Apparently he does that when he is concentrating.






Yes, our child sleeps on the floor (don't ask).
More importantly, did you notice the ace bandage wrapped around his head?  If I had to guess I would say that was the day he had the mole removed and he was afraid his brain would leak out.
HA!
Just kidding.
 It was to hold the gauze pad in place over the stitches (that were keeping his brain from leaking out).


Kade and Sophie were eager to "help" me switch their wardrobes from summer to fall.  It took twice as long as it needed to because they kept insisting on doing a quality control check of the inside of Kade's dresser.





We had one hail of a hail storm last week, I finally got fed up with roofing/construction companies coming to our door to solicit us so I made a sign (that I didn't take a picture of because it is pretty boring) telling them that we are not interested.
So far I am happy to say that 90% of the companies who have come since then to solicit our street are literate.


These are the hailstones (is that even a word?) that Kade and I scrambled to save after the storm.  Thanks to this storm we now have to replace all of the siding on the south side of our house, it will cost us around $400.
 Our insurance deductible is $500.
 Why do we have insurance again?



So there you have it, my friends.


This post is brought to you by the letter
P...as in Procrastination!




4 comments:

mjseavers said...

I love your posts! Can't wait to see the finished costumes =)

Jennifer and Clay said...

This is one entertaining post! Love the one of the kids in the dresser...classic.

lisapenn said...

It always takes longer when the kids have to help.
Yes Sophie is about the cutest thing around.
We didn't even get any rain when that hail storm came thru, not to mention hail.
And NO! you husband cannot be released until mine is! ; )

Beccarigg said...

Awesome post! I love randoms : ) I just did my summer fall wardrobe switch and it took me 2 full days thanks to all the "help" from the little ones. Feel ya on that one! Also those hail balls are intense! Sorry about the siding on your house ; ( Stuff like that stinks ; (