I woke up this morning at around 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Some disturbing things happened this week that I couldn't seem to get out of my mind enough to take advantage of the last hour of sleep that was available to me.
Instead I lay there wishing I could go back in time several months knowing what I know now
and do a few things differently.
Kade came in around 7:00 and crawled into our bed and snuggled up against me,
looking for warmth probably.
We cuddled a few seconds and then I asked him if he'd had good dreams.
He said that he had.
I asked him what he had dreamed about.
He got kind of excited and said, "Jesus!"
"Wow, what did he say to you?" I asked.
"He said I am a child of God!" was his reply.
At that moment the peace that I had been searching for finally calmed my soul and I remembered that
I, too, am a child of God.
I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who sends me little reminders when I need them, and that he has blessed me with such a special little messenger who brings me joy and offers me unconditional love.
4 comments:
Aww, Kristen I wish your posts had a "love" button because I definitely wanted to click it! Children are so sweet and really help us put things into perspective. Hope you have a better week ahead of you!
-Megan
:-)
Sweet boy. I like the "love" button idea too.
ever since president Uchtdorf's talk about hte forget me not's I've been seeing the reminders that I too am a child of God. Isn't it great to have the knowledge that we have because we have the gospel in our lives?
Hope your week is better! Miss ya
Sweet little guy...Just remember to consider the source of the unpleasantness...love you.
Post a Comment