Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Kid Talk

I haven't done a post of the funny things that my kids have said for a while, so I thought I would throw one together just for kicks.

Kade while walking out of the Dollar General after I bought him a Batman jogging suit (who knew they'd have  cool clothes there? Not me!):

"You the best mom ever, and I'm gonna tell you that forty times!"


Blake during a conversation about how his grandpa lost his job with Chartis Insurance yesterday:

 "Hey! He should get a job at Geico!  Then he could work with the Geico lizard."


Kade and my nephew, Campbell, while petting the stray Schnauzer that we took pity on and decided to feed at my mom's house:

Campbell: "Oh! Her wagging her tail!"
Kade: "Awwww, her have a mini tail!" (Her tail was docked, so it was just a little stump.)




Blake and Trevor while looking through a Party City ad that came with pages and pages of Halloween costume ideas:

Trevor: "Hey! Dad should be Gumby for Halloween!"
Blake: "No, that's not a good costume for Dad."
Trevor: "Here's one!  He could be 'Pimp'!"  (Chad was proud.)


Trevor was telling Kade about the Great War in Heaven tonight in the car.  He was explaining about how all of the people who chose Satan's plan didn't get a body and they were cast out with Satan.  Then he got a little glint in his eye (that I happened to look up and see in the rear view mirror):

"You know, Obama really should be up there with Satan right now!" 

That was for you Dad!

I know that some of you may be Obama fans, but Trevor sure isn't!

Sorry if that offends you, but "To each his own".

And finally...

If you are drinking something you might want to just go ahead and swallow it before you read this next one.

I'll wait.

Are you ready?

We recently had a Family Home Evening about the Great War in Heaven (hence that last little nugget of knowledge from Trevor) in which we went over how we all made a choice to follow Jesus' plan and then we received a body when we were sent to Earth.  Trevor got all excited at this prospect and exclaimed:

"Oh yeah!  Then we all had to go to this island in New York and check in and get tested by doctors and stuff!!"

Ummmmm.

Apparently he had a lesson in school that very day about Ellis Island.

When Chad and I stopped laughing (with him, not at him, of course), we explained that it was a little bit different.  We are nothing if not responsible parents after all.

At least we know he is paying attention somewhere along the way!








2 comments:

lisapenn said...

LOOOVE the obama bit. Right there with ya kid!

mjseavers said...

Those were awesome. Such active and intelligent little minds you got running around there =)