Sophie turned seven months old last week!
Six days before she turned seven months old she decided to teach herself how to go from a crawling position to a sitting position. Last week she started pulling up on my leg when I was sitting on the floor and stand (with help) for a little while at a time. Apparently while I was gone the other night she decided to pull herself up on the windowsill so she could watch traffic (or lack thereof) go by. Chad didn't get to the camera in time but he did take fifty several shots of her that he was proud of.
Here are a few:
After her six month check up I got worried because she wasn't gaining weight, so I decided to start her on formula a few times a day to supplement breastmilk and solids. After trying four different kinds of bottles we found one she will take without screaming, the Playtex Drop-ins. I never used them with any of the others, but she is happy and that is what matters.
We started her on Enfamil AR, which has rice starch added to it to help babies who spit up a lot. Right away we noticed a huge difference in the amount of barfing she was doing, so after a lot of consideration (and a serious drop in my milk supply from being sick) I decided to stop nursing her. I was a little sad at first (not to mention in a lot of pain) but she has done really well and I can now leave her with Chad or a babysitter and get a few precious hours to myself. The results have been amazing. She went from barfing four or five times after each feeding to spitting up once or twice a day, so we are all happier.
Her favorite foods are...pretty much everything.
Except green beans, but with the way the baby food green beans smell, who can blame her?! I have yet to find the time to make her some homemade baby food...maybe when the boys are back in school.
She has mastered holding the bottle herself, when she is not being lazy, that is.
Her hair is now long enough to put in one little "sprout" on top of her head, or two little ones on the sides. I am starting to get the hang of getting the little elastics in...when she holds still enough! It is a dang good thing we only had one little girl, I can't imagine the amount of time it would take me to do hair on several more!
If I don't feel like combing the boys' hair I just give them a shorter haircut!
She fits in our family so well, whether it is blowing raspberries at the boys while they are having burping contests or leaning forward in the stroller on a family frisbee golf adventure, she loves to be right in the middle of the chaos.
I am pretty sure there are at least a few people around here who couldn't live without her!





5 comments:
What a doll.
And great job on the pigtails! I still haven't ever figured out the little elastics.
Good for Chad to take pictures of his proud moments.
Such a fun baby she is...her smile lights up the room...
(I know I sound like a broken record...) But she's adorable!!!! :)
Oh, and P.S. Some people have been having trouble reading my blog because I changed the link, so just in case: http://niftynelsons1.blogspot.com/
she is soooo cute! seriously you can just see an adorable personality bubbling out of her!
She is so stinking precious and I can't believe what a mobile little thing she is. Cam can roll over but is nowhere near crawling or even sitting up by himself. Lazy little noodle!
That's great that you found a good formula that helps with the spitting up. I've been wanting to supplement lately, just to give myself a little more freedom to leave him with someone but he WILL NOT take a bottle. I've tried 3 different kinds, waited till he was really hungry but no, he's so stubborn. My girls didn't like bottles at first but after a few tries they always gave in. He's really putting up a fight so I kind of have a little bottle envy that Sophie is taking hers so well. I haven't tried to drop ins yet, maybe I'll give those a try.
Post a Comment