Yesterday we played hookey.
Chad took the day off. We didn't send the boys to school. I didn't mop the kitchen floor (even though it badly needs it since Kade spilled orange juice and even though I wiped it up with a wet rag my foot sticks to that spot every time I walk by and it is super annoying...but I guess not annoying enough to induce me to mop it, HA!).
Instead we loaded everyone up in the car at 7:00 am (ok, 7:12...it's hard to get four kids out the door!) and headed south to Atlanta to attend the open house for the renovated Atlanta temple.
The boys were pretty excited, more than I expected them to be anyway. Kade asked me where we were going as I was getting him wrestled into his Sunday clothes and I told him that we were going to see Heavenly Father's house. He went around telling everyone that we were going to see Jesus' house for a while. Then he came up and asked me if His mother would be there too. Gotta love children and their simple logic!
They were so well behaved in the temple, I hardly recognized them! In each room I would stop and read the signs that were posted so that Kade and Trevor would know where we were. In the baptismal room Trevor was looking down at his program and walked smack into a glass wall. Blake and I got a fit of the giggles over that one, but contained ourselves pretty quickly. Now I am wondering how many other people have run into that glass, since it is in kind of a bad spot for traffic flow!
After the tour we went to the Hospitality Tent or "Cookie Tent" as the boys called it and enjoyed peanut butter cookies and gingersnaps.
Our original intent was to stay in a hotel last night and drive back early this morning, but the weather was pretty nasty, and we really couldn't find anything indoors that didn't cost a ridiculous amount of money in to do after the temple. We walked around Underground Atlanta for a while (it's like an underground mall) but Chad and I started to get worried that we were going to get mugged (Seriously.) so we took off and started the long drive home.
We talked about stopping in Chattanooga at our favorite cheeseburger place (Cheeburger Cheeburger), but as we were driving through Acworth, GA we remembered that one of the moms on Blake's baseball team told us about a restaurant there called Henry's, we were hungry so we figured we'd stop.
We were glad we did! We haven't had good cajun food since we left Houston, and while I am not a huge fan of it, I really enjoyed what I got. It was their signature dish called the Louisiana Ooh La La. It was spicy shrimp and spinach over angel hair pasta in a cream sauce. Mmmmm. Chad was jealous cause he only got jambalaya. Don't worry. I shared.
Sophie as just happy to be out of her carseat. She yucked it up for everyone and wore her mardi gras beads with style and flair.
All in all it was aloooong good day and we were really happy to drop into bed at 9:30 last night.
Back to reality, I'm off to mop some floor.
The boys were pretty excited, more than I expected them to be anyway. Kade asked me where we were going as I was getting him wrestled into his Sunday clothes and I told him that we were going to see Heavenly Father's house. He went around telling everyone that we were going to see Jesus' house for a while. Then he came up and asked me if His mother would be there too. Gotta love children and their simple logic!
They were so well behaved in the temple, I hardly recognized them! In each room I would stop and read the signs that were posted so that Kade and Trevor would know where we were. In the baptismal room Trevor was looking down at his program and walked smack into a glass wall. Blake and I got a fit of the giggles over that one, but contained ourselves pretty quickly. Now I am wondering how many other people have run into that glass, since it is in kind of a bad spot for traffic flow!
After the tour we went to the Hospitality Tent or "Cookie Tent" as the boys called it and enjoyed peanut butter cookies and gingersnaps.
Our original intent was to stay in a hotel last night and drive back early this morning, but the weather was pretty nasty, and we really couldn't find anything indoors that didn't cost a ridiculous amount of money in to do after the temple. We walked around Underground Atlanta for a while (it's like an underground mall) but Chad and I started to get worried that we were going to get mugged (Seriously.) so we took off and started the long drive home.
We talked about stopping in Chattanooga at our favorite cheeseburger place (Cheeburger Cheeburger), but as we were driving through Acworth, GA we remembered that one of the moms on Blake's baseball team told us about a restaurant there called Henry's, we were hungry so we figured we'd stop.
We were glad we did! We haven't had good cajun food since we left Houston, and while I am not a huge fan of it, I really enjoyed what I got. It was their signature dish called the Louisiana Ooh La La. It was spicy shrimp and spinach over angel hair pasta in a cream sauce. Mmmmm. Chad was jealous cause he only got jambalaya. Don't worry. I shared.
Sophie as just happy to be out of her carseat. She yucked it up for everyone and wore her mardi gras beads with style and flair.
All in all it was a
Back to reality, I'm off to mop some floor.
3 comments:
Fun! We are going this next Friday when there is no school. Our kids are really excited, too!
Looks like you guys had a great time! How fun that the restaurant gave y'all mardi gras beads...
What a sweet experience for your family! I know it's not easy to pull of a road trip like that with little kids but I can't help but think what a great teaching opportunity that was for them. Not only to see the inside of a temple, but to see how important it is to you, that Chad would take off work and you would make the effort to take them all the way out there for that. You guys are doing a good job : )
Post a Comment