Monday, April 11, 2011

From the Mouths of Babes...

Trevor is always good for some entertainment.  The majority of the time he doesn't even realize that what he is saying is hilarious, which makes it even more funny.

~A few weeks ago he was talking about being born on Leap Day. He asked me how many years older than Kade he is and when I told him three this is what he said:

"So when I am 99 Kade will be 96...and Blake will be dead." 

~We were all riding in the car one particularly beautiful Saturday evening a few weeks ago and I told the boys to look at the pretty sunset.  They all turned their attention to the window and this is what we heard:

Trevor said, "I'm so glad I am not old." I asked him why (and braced myself for his reply), "Cause old people can't see sunsets that are that far away. Well, old people and Blake."

 Blake was offended.




~Not too long ago we had some friends come over for dinner and we were happily enjoying some adult conversation when Kade came running in all proud of himself and exclaimed the words that every mother dreads:

"Mom! I wiped my bum all by my own!"

~While driving the other day I told my mom that I would be turning around in the parking lot of the liquor store.  Kade got all excited and yelled:

"The LICORICE store?! MOM, we have to go in there!"

~I was working on putting my shopping lists and coupons together and gave Kade a scrap piece of paper to draw on.  I joked later that he got to be my favorite for the rest of the day when he said:

"Thank you for my paper Mom! You so pretty!"

~Every so often when I nurse Sophie Kade gets curious and comes over to watch really closely.  If the poor kid ever thinks back to his early childhood it may scar him for life when he remembers this one.  I was switching sides and was a little "exposed" when he got too close.  He asked me what the "button" was for.  I explained that the milk comes out of there.  Then (and here comes the questionable parenting part...please keep all angry "you are warping your child" hate mail to yourself!) I showed him by squirting a little milk out.  He thought that was pretty cool and without missing a beat said:

"Cool! Let's do that again!"

Don't worry.  I didn't.

~I have been watching my nephew for the past week since my mom has been out of town and it has been fun to watch Campbell interact with Sophie.  Not having any siblings yet he is not really used to being around babies, but he is very gentle and sweet with her.  I was getting ready to nurse her and he came up and sat really close to me on the couch.  He was very curious as to what I was doing so I explained to him that Sophie drinks the milk that my body makes.  I then told him something along the lines of when he was a baby his mommy gave him milk in a bottle and that is how he ate.  He looked at me like I was crazy and said:

"Nah, my mommy feed me candy!"

I wish I could remember more of the funny things my little people say every day that make me laugh!  I am so blessed to be able to be home with them and watch as they grow and learn about the world around them.  Even when they make me nutty as a fruitcake it is worth it!

3 comments:

Jennifer and Clay said...

Still wiping the tears from my eyes from the very first comment...sure love that boy!

Beccarigg said...

Hilarious!! Totally got my laugh out loud for the day : ) That picture of Kade and Campbell is SOOOOO cute by the way, what precious little heartbreakers!

Also we've had plenty of funny conversations over here with the nursing thing and yes, I too have shown my girls how it works. Hey, they're curious and it's a natural part of life so I don't feel bad ; ) It is a little embarrassing though when they tell people the baby drinks "Boob milk" probably should work on that one.. ; )

mjseavers said...

Those were great! I love it!