This morning Trevor and Kade and I went on a long walk. Normally I try to avoid taking them on a 3+ mile walk but I wanted to get it over with before it got too warm. As we were nearing the end of our walk, Trevor (who pretty much can fill up any silence with useless rambling) began to ask about whose birthday was next in the family. We discussed this for a few minutes and then I mentioned that Father's Day is coming up in a few months. He immediately said, "Ooh! I know what we can get for Grandpa Mike. He collects needles cause he likes to give himself shots!"
Now, Dad, if you are reading this, don't be surprised if you get some Diabetic supplies for Father's Day!
I hesitate to mention this next story, but it gave me a good laugh so I have to put it in.
A few weeks ago the younger boys and I were at Sam's Club printing some pictures. I told Trevor I would buy him lunch since it would take an hour. As we were sitting at the table in the cafe part of Sam's, I decided to take a moment to work on his readiness for kindergarten.
Me: "What's your middle name Trev?"
Trevor: "Uhhh, McGhie?"
Me: "No, that is your last name. What is your middle name?"
Trevor: Blink...blink.
Me: "Come on, you know this. What do I call you when you are in trouble?"
Trevor: "Jerk?"
Just to clear the air, I do NOT call him that...though at times I may have told him to stop acting LIKE a jerk. I guess it is all relative to a five year old. It really made me laugh...good think I hadn't taken a sip of my drink cause it probably would have come out my nose!
5 comments:
Oh my gosh! That jerk story had me rolling on the floor! That is Hilarious! I'm glad you wrote that down, he'll love hearing that story when he's older!
Glad I wasn't drinking anything! He is a funny, funny kid!
That is Hilarious! I had to tell the boys. They were rolling too. Good thing it wasn't in front of anybody you knew!
On a side note, when I was telling the boys this story, Joseph said that he overheard Gabe and Abby talking a couple of weeks ago and Gabe said something about Trevor, and Abby said "I miss Trevor. I love him"
How funny!
HAhaha! That's so funny because you loved that word in High School. I can even still hear you say it! GOod fun =)
LOL, cmon Kristen, we all know you really call him a Jerk! Just kidding! Kids do take thing in differently don't they? Well at least now you are aware that he thinks you are calling him a jerk, better to explain these things before he tells his teacher you tell him he is a jerk! LOL
Post a Comment