This is Woody. He and Blake used to be inseparable. I bought him at the Disney Store along with a Buzz Lightyear for Blake when he was about 18 months old. He insisted on dragging Woody wherever he went for many months.
Whenever he would say "Mommy?" I would say "Whatty?" and then he would say in his best serious toddler voice, "No, Woody's taking a nap!".
I found poor Woody last night while I was sorting through the kids toys. Woody has been through a lot. He's lost the hat that used to be sewn on, got multiple scuffs and "bruises", and been separated from Buzz at the bottom of a completely different toy box for who knows how long. I showed him to Blake, who just kind of glanced his way and shrugged.
After I tucked the kids in for the night I came downstairs and spotted Woody laying discarded by the couch. I picked him up and gave him a quick hug. As if by some small way I could, just for a second, hug the chubby little boy who used to insist that he wear a seatbelt in the car.
4 comments:
I must be hormonal or something...this brought tears to my eyes. I remember this so well!
I didn't get to see it and it still made me choke up. Ethan's 18 months and I need to cherish this time more. Thanks for the reminder =)
Stop making me cry! Motherhood is such a roller coaster. Sometimes you wish they'd just grow up and sometimes you wish they never would. The other day I told Teya she couldn't buy a treat at the store and in a very grown up sassy voice she said, "What? Are you kidding me mom?" It was definitely one of those moments where I wondered where my chubby little toddler has gone and who is this sassy little girl that took her place!
Aww, brings back memories for me too. *sniff*
Post a Comment