This morning I woke before the roosters to get Kade to the hospital for his Myringotomy (ear tube) surgery. He was a little trooper, but was irritated with me for not bringing him any "num" (his word for food), or "wawer" (his word for anything liquid). I was very impressed with the staff and surgical dept. of St. Luke's hospital. Having worked in a hospital environment I find myself on the lookout for things I wouldn't normally notice, and I am happy to re
port that I found nothing that bothered me there. If anything, I could complain that I was only able to read about five pages of my book after they took him back and they were already out to tell me they were done!
Kade was especially impressed with this machine that they had borrowed from the pediatrics department for the day. It had a clear plastic tube with water in it. Bubbles would shoot up from the bottom, making little balls and beads rise to the top, only to fall back down. There was a little box with red, green, yellow, and blue lights on it. When he pushed the light a light in the tube would turn that color...it was pretty cool. It also projected images on the wall that spun around.
Before they took him back they gave him some medicine to mellow him out, after it took effect he just laid on the stretcher playing with my iTouch. After the surgery was all over, I carried him to the car (he was awake when they took me back to get him) and the nurse carried my bag. When she asked him if he was ready to go home he said no, which she thought was funny. When I got him home I opened the door of the car to get hi
m out and he lifted his head (he'
d fallen asleep again on the way home) and said "Daddyn?" (his word for Dad), then went right back to sleep.
d fallen asleep again on the way home) and said "Daddyn?" (his word for Dad), then went right back to sleep. My Relief Society president called when I got home and told me she was on her way over so I could take a nap. I just love her! I didn't think I would be able to go to sleep but I did for about an hour. When I came downstairs Chad had come home and sent her home. Apparently she had brought Kade upstairs at 12 (his normal naptime) and when she put him in his crib he cried and banged his head on the side, so she took him back downstairs. I can't believe I slept through all that! I am so grateful for her and for medical insurance...two things I couldn't have lived without today!
4 comments:
what a cute boy.
I've had 3 neices get tubes put in their ears. They all went from saying nothing to making up for those lost months of no talking BIG time.
Will be fun to see how well he does!
He does have his "angry" eyes on!!! Hopefully this will make a huge difference in your lives. Glad all went well and hope he feels better tomorrow.
Poor little guy! Glad things went smoothly though and hope he's adjusting well. What an awesome RS president to come over like that! Thanks goodness the great support system the church gives us!
Poor guy, what a little trooper though. Hopefully all will be well with him now!
Post a Comment