![]() |
| Trevor at 3 wks old |
I have said before that it is kind of weird having a Leap Day kid. On the one hand it isn't a big deal to just celebrate the 28th of February or the 1st of March, but I almost have a weird feeling like we are cheating on Trevor's actual birthday. I am sure that is just me being a weirdo, but I am what I am.
Anyway. I had a really hard time trying to figure out what to do for Trevor this year. He is a special kid and I always want to make things special for him since I think at the back of my mind I have that weirdness about the Leap Day thing. Actually, I want to make all of their birthdays special since we tend to not buy them toys or anything extra except for their birthdays and Christmas. We have been talking for quite a while about putting him in some kind of Tae Kwon Do program to help him learn self control and to give him something to look forward to. He tends to suffer from middle child personality sometimes and feels left out. We finally figured out which place we wanted to go to and it was just a matter of me going down to pay the money and sign the forms, so last Friday while he was in school I dragged the little ones in and took care of business, unbeknownst to Trevor.
On Monday morning we wished him a Happy Birthday and sent him on his way to school. I braved the tornado watches later that morning to take cupcakes as a treat for his class (don't worry, I had my mom watch the other kids so I wouldn't have to drag them out in the weather). His face completely lit up when I walked in the door of his classroom, which made up for the fact the fact that I got soaked walking in.
That afternoon Chad came home early (he was still suffering the effects of Strep that knocked us both on our keesters) so we were able to have Trevor open his present when he got home from school. We got him some warm up type pants and a Nerf gun that he loves, but his main surprise was to come later.
I had just finished decorating this:
He was pretty happy with it, of course, he is the kid who would say something nice so as not to hurt my feelings (most of the time...remind me to tell you what he said during Sacrament Meeting the day before).
We had Trevor change into his new warm up pants and off we went, telling him it was time to go to dinner. When we pulled into the Tae Kwon Do place you would have thought the kid had won the lottery, it was pretty special. He was able to participate that night and so far it looks like he is a natural. We are just praying that he doesn't use his new found skills to beat the crud out of his brothers (that is where the self control thing comes in). When we returned home from Tae Kwon Do and dinner we ended the evening with cake and candles, and yes, we put all seven on there for him to blow out.
So there you have it, the big number 7 for our Trevor Dean. He is a great kid, funny and caring. He tends to take the kids who are underdogs under his wing to protect them. He takes care of his autistic cousin who is in his class at church. It does this mother's heart good to see that Reagan looks up to him and feels safe with him. He has been saying for a while that he wants to work for the FBI when he grows up, and I can just see him in a dark suit and sunglasses, protecting the President.
![]() |
| I couldn't resist throwing in a few more baby pictures. |





2 comments:
Yeah Trevor! Glad he had a happy birthday...still can't believe how much he looked like Sophie when he was little!
Wowww.... I can't believe he is 7! I still imagine all of my nieces and nephews at ages 1-2. Its hard to realize how fast they are growing up!
Post a Comment