Wednesday, March 23, 2011

3 Months Down...

I have now lost track of how many weeks old Miss Sophie is.  I am thinking 15, and I could go back and count, but honestly at this point it is just easier to go by months.  She turned 3 months old on Sunday, and what could be more fitting for a 3 month old birthday on the first day of Spring than a mini photo shoot in the backyard?  That's what I thought too.

She is wearing her blessing dress, which my mom made while I was pregnant with Trevor.  My sister was having the twins (a boy and a girl) at the same time and we didn't know what I was having yet, so Mom just went ahead and made a dress and a suit for both of us.  I was pretty happy to be able to dust it off and get some use out of it after over 7 years!


Kade wanted to be in the pictures so badly that I told him to take off his dirty shirt and jump in.  The next thing I knew, the other boys had done the same:



I am pretty happy with the way these turned out, I just need to remember to get them printed so I can have one to frame!

Sophie continues to delight all who are lucky enough to come across her.  I can't tell you how many people comment on the fact that she looks like a baby doll, and she really does resemble a little doll most of the time.  She doesn't cry a whole lot, but she can have an attitude when the fancy strikes.  She finally mastered the art of thumb sucking and I have to say, that was a good day for me.  Yes we'll have to wean her someday, but her thumb never falls on the nasty floor of Sams Club and it is always attached to her hand.  Hopefully she'll just grow out of it (sucking her thumb, not the thumb itself) when she is ready like Kade did.

Some of you may be rolling your eyes and moving your hand in the "blah blah blah" motion, but I am going to continue to gush about my little sweetie for just a bit longer.

She has discovered her voice and can be heard throughout the house squealing in delight at the crazy antics of the monkey on her bouncer or the barnyard animal sounds that the boys discovered really float her boat.  The other night Chad was laying next to her on the living room floor and we happened to have the ceiling fan going for the first time in her short life and you would have thought she'd won the lottery.  That was probably the first time she really got some good squeals out, and it hasn't been the last.

She has also started batting at toys that hang above her in her little play jungle and if she happens to grab a hold of one tries to get it to her mouth. 

She pretty much insists on being put to bed between 9 and 10, and she usually sleeps till 7 am.  I almost wish she'd wake me up earlier because I hate to see her go so long without food, but she seems to make up for it by eating more often in the morning.  At her two month appt. she was just about ten pounds, and I am guessing that she is now probably about eleven and a half.  She's still a little shorty pants though and barely fits into 0-3 month clothes in length.  Her hair has gotten long enough to put little clips in and still gets curly when it is wet.  She is rocking a little mullet in the back that goes down past her shoulder blades. I have been meaning to trim it but so far it hasn't been a priority. 

We are all so in love with her!  I was trying to remember what it was like around here before she joined us and the only feeling I can recall was that something felt "off".  We seem to have found the missing piece to our little McGhie puzzle and couldn't be happier.


4 comments:

The Peters Family said...

She's precious. It's so nice to have her sleep so long at night.

Jen said...

She is so beautiful! I loved all the pictures. Julianne was a thumbsucker, and I LOVED it for all the reasons you mentioned.

gretchen said...

Lovin your sweet little photo shoot. She is quite the little princess lady! So precious!

Jenny said...

She seriously does look just like a baby doll! I'm jealous of your sleep. I hope Anna follows suit!