Blake's team (Yankees) won...but their game was second and by then I was so hot I wasn't really paying much attention, so I can't remember the score.
We also had a couple of extra kids that day, so that brought our total up to five. I think we did surprisingly well considering that we had to drag them all over to the baseball park in the heat. We were going to take a picnic to the park and eat in between games, but it was so hot and we only had 30 minutes till our next game so we trouped them all back to the car and into Taco Bell. We got some pretty funny looks when we marched them all in, and the lady behind the counter mentioned the "passle" of kids we had brought with us. I know lots of people with more than five kids...granted they aren't usually ages 2, 5, 6, 7, and 8...but it amazes me that large families are such a phenomenon!
I felt bad for the kids during Blake's game cause they all just kind of huddled in the little bit of shade they could find and looked miserable, so I promised that when we got home I would put some water in Kade's kiddie pool and they could splash around and hopefully cool off.

It turned out to be a raging success. They threw a bunch of little plastic balls around and splashed and ate popcicles for a few hours. I wasn't quite as prepared as I should have been, so I didn't have any swim diapers for Kade, but other than that it went pretty well. Towards the end the kids were complaining that there wasn't enough water in the pool anymore, and I just didn't have the heart to tell them that the majority of it was in Kade's diaper (which kept falling to his knees). He was oblivious for the most part and just ran around with his little hiney peeking out. I am sure he'll be thrilled when he gets old enough to see that I took pictures...but isn't that my right as his mother? He was so cute standing on the side of the pool screaming, "Tamenball!" (Cannonball in toddlerease). Makes me actually look forward to the next few months of sunscreen, water fights and pruny toes!




2 comments:
Oh my gosh! That last picture is sooo funny! Love the saggy diaper peek-a-boo hiney look : ) Can't go wrong with kids and water on a hot day!
Hahaha, that is the cutest thing ever. Especially the way kade says cannonball! Ahhh... I can't wait for Kale to talk.
Well, actually... yes I can.
Anyways, miss ya'll! Hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment